Monday, January 19, 2009

So...I killed a spider today...

It has been a great couple of days here in Sydney!  The weather is beautiful, it was over 30 today I believe.  I got lots of sun, but it's been great!

Here is the rundown on what I've been up too!

I went to my first service at Hillsong on Saturday night and it was AMAZING!! I loved every minute of it.  It's a lot shorter than a normal tacf service - its about an hour and a half, but soo great. The worship is amazing and then they have a time of where they share testimonies and prayer requests with the congregation and we all pray for those people (their names are just on cards that one of the hosts read out) and then someone shares the word.  The teaching has been really good already.  I love church, the people are so genuine and everyone makes an effort to introduce themselves to you!  It's crazy, I think I've met like 300 people since last week!

I spent Sunday morning at church as well, followed by a lunch with some of the 2nd year students at their house!  The 2nd year students are amazing here and are so helpful and hospitable, its just amazing! I went to the service on Sunday night as well and God did some AMAZING stuff that night.  It was full on.  

Monday was another great day.  Met up with some students for coffee and I taught aquafit to a few of my roomates at our house (oh, did i mention we have a pool in our backyard?)  So that was tons of fun!  

Today, about 20 of us went to Rouse Hill, which is a shopping centre here.  We bused down ($4.40 each way, yikes!) and then spent some time shopping and having some good fun.  Then this afternoon I spent by the pool soaking up the sun.. It was soo hot here today!!

Anywho, just wanted to keep you all updated. I love you all and miss you.  Leave me a comment so I know you are reading this!!

Lots of love,
Nicole

oh ps.  did I mention that I killed my first spider tonight!! yes, I know, very exciting indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment